Tuesday 8 April 2014

MAC Mini Haul

It’s beauty confession time everyone! Here goes…Until very recently, I did not own a single MAC product…. Oh the shame! Feel free to point and laugh a la Nelson from the Simpsons. I can barely call myself a beauty blogger BUT I feel like I have completely redeemed myself by purchasing not one, but two MAC products on my very first visit to the MAC counter. 

I decided to pay a lunch time visit to the MAC counter in Myer on Queen St Mall and here’s what I walked out with:

1. MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Impassioned ($36.00 for 3g) – Impassioned is the most fabulous warm, bright pink colour ever! It’s got a lovely creme finish and has just the right amount of shine. Impassioned feels like a really wearable shade and it really does just glide on. The packaging is the signature MAC lipstick bullet, I’ve heard it described as a “black plastic tampon” before which is pretty accurate! Overall, I am super impressed with this lipstick, I think it was an awesome choice for my first MAC purchase. 

 
2. MAC Veluxe Pearl Eyeshadow in Woodwinked ($33.00 USD for 1.3g) – I have been LUSTING after this eyeshadow ever since I saw Yolanda from Hey Landy wearing it in her All About Eyelid Tape video. I assumed she had used multiple shades to create her look and was blown away when she said it was just MAC’s Woodwinked! It’s a beautiful golden bronze colour and super pigmented. It’s so easy to apply, it almost feels like a cream shadow AND like I mentioned before, I can’t believe how good this looks on! It really does look like you’ve used at least 2 shades but it’s all thanks to the magic of Woodwinked.


For a first time visit to MAC, I’m really impressed with my purchases. I think that both of them are going to be getting a lot of use! This MAC newbie would also like to know what your favourite MAC products are too so that I can start building up my modest collection. 

And if you're not already following me on Twitter/Instagram/Facebook, come on by!

Stay beautiful!

Dani xx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pics, 2 of my faves!

You must try soft and gentle and prolongwear concealer.

Kristen xox

dani the girl xo said...

Ooh, thanks for the recommendations! I'm going to a MAC Techniques Class next week so I'm looking for some new things to play with.

Dani xo

Post a Comment

 

KaBOOM! Cosmetics Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger